The Catholics Returning Home program is designed to reach-out and invite non-practicing, inactive Catholics to return “Home to the Catholic Church” and resume the practice of their faith.
“Come to me all you who are weary and find life burdensome and I will refresh you.” Matt 11:28
Catholics Returning Home provides a positive context for inactive Catholics to hear this personal call. Coming home to this personal relationship with God through the Church is a challenging step for most people who have been inactive for any period of years.
This program provides a welcoming space for Catholics who have not been connected to a faith community where:
• Personal stories of pain and hurt can be told
• Participation in the worshiping Community is made to be very comfortable
• Concerns and questions can be met or directed to the appropriate people
• Acceptance and understanding are modeled after Our Lord Jesus Christ
The topics of each session are:
• Week 1 Welcome, Overview, Sharing of Stories
• Week 2 Returning Catholics, Why they leave? Why they return? Discussion and Sharing
• Week 3 The Church Today
• Week 4 Walking through the Mass
• Week 5 Sacrament of Reconciliation
• Week 6 Not the End but the Beginning – The Creed: What Catholics Believe
This initial six-week program begins Monday January 13, 2014 and ends Monday February 17, 2014, and will be held in the St. Pius X Meeting Room in the Annex Building,201 E. Bayou Pkwy, Lafayette 70508.
All the information that you need to answer questions or to register can be obtained from the following:
Ashton Mouton, St. Pius X Church John Schexnaildre, Holy Cross Church
232-4656 SPX office
984-9636 Holy Cross office